Web hosting service providers offer both email and web hosting services to businesses and websites to store critical business data and information and take their business online.
Even though these might seem similar, both email and web hosting differ from one another.
While web hosting hosts your business website on a server and stores its files and data, the best Business Email Hosting service lets you store your email data and communication on an email server.
In this article, we’ll dive deep into the differences between these two hosting solutions and the advantages of Email Hosting for your business. Let’s start with web hosting first.
What is web hosting?
Web hosting is a solution that allows you to take your business online by hosting your website on a server and making it available to your prospects and customers.
It makes your website public to everyone on the internet, other than your internal employees and team members. Different types of web hosting solutions are available in the market to cater to the needs of different businesses.
Some of the common web hosting solutions include:
- Shared Hosting
- VPS Hosting
- Cloud Hosting
- Dedicated Hosting
- Managed Hosting
- WordPress Hosting, and more
Now, let’s see what Email Hosting is and how it differs from web hosting.
What is Email Hosting?
Email Hosting is a hosting service that hosts your Business Email communications by renting out an Email Server to you.
Unlike the free email services, with a professional Business Email service, you can create your custom domain name and email address so your customers can identify your business with ease.
For instance, if your business’s name is ironhosting.com, you can create your professional business email address as email@example.com.
So, this hosting service allows you to create multiple email addresses or user names for different employees, departments, and team members. For example, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, etc.
While web hosting makes your website public, Email Hosting keeps your email communications private and secure from the public’s eye.
Let’s look at the benefits of Email Hosting for your business over free email services.
Benefits of Professional Business Email Hosting
Investing in a reliable Email Hosting solution provides the following benefits to your business:
- Improves brand consistency by letting you use a custom domain name—that looks much professional and is easily recognizable.
- Enhances inbox security by ensuring virus and spam filtering that secures your email inbox from malware and other malicious online threats.
- Connects all business email addresses and makes it easy to add/remove employee addresses as and when needed.
- Offers an expanded storage space compared to free email services and makes it easy to add additional storage if required.
- Boosts business credibility, trust, and reliability as prospects are more likely to engage with an email from a reputed and professional email than a public/free email address.
- You get fast and effective support from your Business Email Hosting provider as there will always be someone to assist you if you encounter any email-related issues.
Thus, a small Business Email Hosting service is an excellent choice for small, medium, and large businesses to boost their email communications and build strong customer relationships.
Besides a credible brand image, Business Email Hosting also offers enhanced security, reliable customer support, and expanded storage.
Therefore, opt for a suitable Email Hosting solution from a reputed hosting provider to leverage all the above benefits. Many hosting companies also offer a Business Email service with their web hosting packages. So, do your research and choose a relevant plan that best suits your business needs.