Instagram is a hub to all the happening stuff amidst gen z. With everyone posting their sunshine moments and much more on the app. instagram finds a hotspot, when it comes to popularity. Everyone is hooked to one or the other feature or element of instagram. Instagram provides us a platform to upload happy, sad and everything in the form of pictures and videos.
Instagram provides multiple features to edit and upload pictures, but one that it doesn’t help you with is downloading photos from instagram. Instagram does not allow you to download pictures from yours or any other else’s account. But what’s the fun when you can’t keep those pictures with you that you have spent time clicking. For this we have a short guide for you to confer how to download pictures from instagram.
How to save other users instagram photos:
There are two ways to save someone else’s photo, either you can use the ribbon icon given on the lower right corner of their post to save it in your instagram’s saved posts folder or if you feel like downloading into your phone’s gallery follow the below mentioned steps:
- Open instagram and reach the photo that you prefer to download.
- Now click on the three vertical dots on the upper right corner of the post.
- A drop-down list appears, on this list choose “copy link” option.
- Now open Instazoom that allows you to download instagram images using their links.
- In this app’s url bar, paste the copied link and click on the download button.
The picture gets downloaded directly into your phone’s gallery and can be utilized for later use.
Downloading pictures that you have posted:
- Open instagram and navigate to your profile.
- Now tap on the three horizontal lines being displayed on the top right corner of your screen.
- Once the menu appears, click on settings option. Now a list appears on your screen click on “account” option and then on “original photos”.
- Now instagram provides you a slider button to turn on save original photos settings, turn this on and now every photo that you post is saved onto your phone’s gallery automatically.
Saving photos from stories:
Saving photos from stories is no rocket science, just two-steps and voila it’s done. Open your story and click on the three vertical dots at the base of your story. Now from the pop-up list choose the “save photo” option to save into your collection. Or before posting download it using the download arrow, which is a downward-arrow on the option panel on top of the story that you are posting. The picture is then saved directly into your gallery.
If you want to download a picture from someone else’s story just hold the story with one finger to pause the frame from moving and now take a screenshot.
These are some ways to download photos from instagram. Make sure when downloading a photo, respect ownership rights. Always seek permission before downloading someone else’s photo/ posts.