If you are the owner of a business website, you should make your site content accessible to people with disabilities. It is the right thing for you to do and is a positive practice for business growth for all companies. According to credible sources, the accessibility of your website has a vital impact on the usability of your visitors and can boost revenue, size, and user engagement. This is why tools like Accessibe for WordPress have been created especially for the above goal.
The Accessibe WordPress Plugin and how can boost the success of your business
The Accessibe WordPress plugin can be downloaded and used easily. It helps your website fix accessibility issues and attracts traffic for better sales opportunities and profits. However, as a business owner, you can embrace the following tips for enhancing the accessibility of your business site –
1. Check your site code- The site code is the first thing that prominent search engines like Bing and Google use to determine the web page’s content. You need to ensure that the code validates. The site code should have no mistakes so that browsers can identify it correctly. If the HTML 5 code of your site is invalid, it contains technological limitations that cannot be displayed correctly in specific browsers. If the webpage fails in the validation tests, you can try Google to validate the site and include its name. You will find several validation tools that are free online.
2. Images should have alt tags- One of the main reasons users skip the site content is that they cannot see anything. The screen reader reads the content aloud, and it does the same in the alt tag. This permits every image to have a descriptive alt tag that correctly describes the content.
3. The use of headings-With the help of H1, H2, and H3 headings, you are able to structure the site content of the page. They inform search engines that the text on your site is relevant, and this helps them determine what the page has. This helps the site to rank high in search engine results so that users can easily find your site to access the information they need.
4. The addition of content that people can read and understand- When you are writing content, it is very important for you to consider that your readers might have different learning abilities and backgrounds. It is important for you to write crisp and clear content so that everyone can easily understand it. The sentences should be simple and short. So, use a few words to make the content text simple for users to read.
5. The links should be clickable-A general mistake on a website with poor accessibility is the absence of links that can be clicked on. You have to be careful about these links to make them accessible. A link is a phrase or a word on the web page; when it is clicked, it takes you to a separate webpage.
Installing the Accessibe WordPress plugin helps you reach out to everyone and improve your website accessibility faster without hassles!